Dental implants are a permanent and natural-looking solution for missing or damaged teeth. A great alternative to dentures, dental implants are durable and custom-made, designed to look and feel just like your natural teeth.
Implants are made of titanium and other high-tech materials that are designed to last a life-time and blend in with the rest of your smile.
As with all our procedures, we at Sound Smiles Dental approach implant dentistry with the utmost care and precision, providing you a result you’re sure to smile about.
Advantages of dental implants vs. dentures
- Implants look like your natural teeth.
- Implants don’t slide around in your mouth.
- Implants don’t require any special care – regular brushing and flossing will do just fine.
- Implants pose less risk of gum irritation.
- Implants are permanent so you’ll never have to remove them.
Dental implant procedure
Generally, there are three stages to getting an implant:
- The implant is surgically placed into the bone and covered with a temporary crown. During the healing process, you’ll follow a diet of soft foods.
- The bone around the implant heals, locking the implant into place. This process is called osseointegration.
- Once healing is complete, a permanent artificial tooth (crown) is placed over the implant.
Find out if you’re a good candidate
Thanks to the latest advancements in dentistry, you don’t have to feel self-conscious about your smile any longer. Dental implants are an excellent solution for long-term smile restoration.Talk to us today to find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. You can call us at (206) 842-4848.
Some chronic illnesses as well as tobacco use can negatively affect healing with dental implants. But as long as you are generally healthy and have strong enough bone density to support the implant, you can get a dental implant at any age.